Ahhhh, the shower. A new mother's haven of solitude and (relative) quiet. This morning was a typical morning at the Heskin household. Audrey woke up all smiles and giggles. We played, then had First Breakfast, I gave her a bath, then put her down for her nap. Naptime for Audrey means shower time for me! The hot water was massaging my neck as I squirted a dollop of shampoo into my hand. "Wow", I thought, "that shampoo sure is pretty!" Pretty shampoo? It's true! My shampoo sparkles, even in the dim light of a shower. Immediately I thought the sparkles looked suspiciously like the sheet phyllosilicate mineral we all know and love, mica! Could there really be mica in my shampoo? Why would you put a mineral in shampoo? To some, mica could be considered "dirt". Put dirt in soap? Surely not. So I continued to enjoy the pounding hot water and inspected the ingredient list on the bottle. Sure enough, mica! Of course then I was pondering the reason for adding the shiny mineral to shampoo. Most likely it's just to make it sparkle. So, next time you're in the shower, see if your shampoo sparkles! I tried to take a picture, it's a tad blurry, but you can see Mica as an ingredient, third line up from the bottom!
15 hours ago

1 comments:
Sheet phyllosilicates are undoubtedly preferrable to any of the siloxane species now commonly found in cosmetics and personal care products, as they probably cause less havoc with the biogas streams at your local WWTPs!
Post a Comment