So, I've been in a bit of a funk lately. Maybe I need some change in my life? So I chose to dye my hair. Yes, you read correctly. Suz opted to chemically alter her head of hair that has been au natural since my last failed attempt at a perm in 9th grade (I think). If, before the dying, you examined my hair closely, you would find almost every color and texture of hair possible. Everything from fine, straight, nearly transparent hairs to coarse, black, kinky/curly hairs. A few reddish hairs tossed in, as well as mousy brown and some golden locks as well. I chose to go darker and redder. My friend Jenn helped me pick a color that wouldn't be "too red", as I certainly didn't want to come out looking like Raggedy Anne. Yesterday, when Audrey fell to sleep for her now daily 8:30am nap, I opened the box, donned the "professional hair colorist gloves", and had at it. I mixed the chemicals, then started glopping it onto my (basically) virgin locks. As I blorped this chemical goo onto my hair, I thought to myself, "This is odd, the goo looks just like Welch's Grape Jelly!". I continued to plop, smear and slap the goo onto my noggin, then waited the prescribed 10 minutes. I followed the instructions, showered, then dried it, anxious to see the "New Suz". Well...it's different, but not drastically. I took a few pictures, but it's hard to see much of any change in the pics. In person it's a bit more of a change, but still not huge. Makes me wonder, would grape jelly have worked?
15 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment