Pages

Mar 4, 2009

Shalabasana



Shalabasana--or for those of you who don't speak yogi, "Locust Pose".






The Battle of Tummy Time continues, oh faithful readers. She no longer cries the minute you lay her on her belly, but she seems to be oblivious to the fact that her arms may be potentially useful. Her newest trick? Shalabasana. Turns out my wee little girl is already into yoga! When I lay her on her tummy, no matter what amazing, colorful toys I put out in front of her, she immediately flings her arms back and out to her sides and lifts her legs, a perfect shalabasana pose! She's like a little airplane. After a while she gets tired (you would too, try it!) and collapses onto the floor. A few seconds later, back to shalabasana! I certainly am not worried about her back strength. For those of you older than 4 months, I challenge you to lay on the floor and give this pose a go! It's hard!

3 comments:

Chris said...

She was doing that on Sunday too after the party. I found it amusing when she "collapsed" to the floor as a couple of times it was more like a face plant, right into a pool of slobber!

James said...

I like the Om fingers!

The Moores said...

If she's anything like her cousin, in a few months she'll get really good at downward facing dog. Love the blanket!

Post a Comment