16 hours ago
Mar 26, 2009
Grocery Store Renewal
Grocery shopping. I enjoyed it while in college. Mostly because it didn't involve Fast Fourier Transforms, derivatives or obscure trace fossils named things like Cruziana or Skolithos. Plus, as a college student, my shopping excursions were usually at odd times of the day, when Safeway (I stil miss Safeway, by the way) was nearly empty. It provided a few quiet non-school moments to relax. Then came post-college grocery shopping. When I worked a "normal" job, i.e. a paying job, I was stuck venturing to the store when 95% of other people do,...on the weekends. Saturday or Sunday at the store is mass chaos, with carts seeming more like bumper carts than grocery carts and 20 minute check-out lines. Grocery shopping became a chore. Now, with Audrey and a non-paying, not "normal" job, I can hit up Giant whenever I want! It has become fun again, thanks to my daughter. I put her in the Bjorn so my hands are free and my cart is empty. She faces away from me, so she gets to see (and now reach for) everything. Little Miss has recently discovered her legs, so she kicks the entire time! We go to the store in the morning, and of course she gets abundant attention. Thanks, Audrey, for making groceries fun again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment