Last night some people from my company gathered at the President's house for a party. Some friendly competition, foosball, ping-pong, food and drinks were all enjoyed. Audrey joined us, and I only could hope she wouldn't scream the entire time. Don't misread that--Audrey isn't a big screamer. My hesitation came from the fact that Audrey takes after me and goes to bed early (usually around 7pm for her), and tends to get grumpy if she's up too late. Of course the party would go later than 7pm. In the words of my friend Jess, I was worried Audrey would "reach her expiration date" around 7pm. James and I and Audrey arrived early. Yes, I think we're the only ones who still manage to arrive early, even with a 5 month old. Audrey was in great spirits, content to have the girls of the house play with her for quite some time. I'm happy to report we were there until 9pm (gasp!) with no major meltdowns. Now and then I'd lay her on her blanket with a toy and she would entertain herself for 15 or 20 minutes. People were surprised that she can do that--to me it's normal. By 9pm we were ready to head out. Once we loaded up the car, James was astonished to see the clock read a whopping, late-night time of 8:52. He laughed and said, "Oh, I thought it was more like 11pm". Apparently toting a squirming, smiling, bubble blowing 15 pound girl adds hours.


0 comments:
Post a Comment