Pages

Aug 22, 2010

Where We Go Part Two

Wow, for once, my pictures uploaded in the order I wanted them to. Usually I spend a few minutes rearranging them, how nice to not have to do that this time! Here are more pics from the days and places that Audrey and I tend to haunt....



Bird In Hand Bakery Stall, Eastern Market



Ok, so we don't usually get treats here, but we always like to stop and look. The PA Dutch sure like their sweet deep fried things. Apple fritters are one of my favorites. I think Audrey was looking at the assortment of whoopie pies in this picture.



Cheese Samples

Audrey knows where all the cheese guys are. Note cheese in each hand. We always get cheese, from multiple vendors. We also like sweet bologna samples, trail mix samples and the newest to our collection are soft pretzel samples. Yum.

Veggie Stands

The veggie stands might truly be my favorites. As you can see, they're overflowing with fresh fruits and veggies, many of which are local (especially in the summer). Amazing produce at great prices. I got a big basket of bell peppers a few weeks back for $2!!!


Butcher Stand

Ok, so this isn't the butcher we go to, but it's a lot more fun to look at the one we visit. This particular stand seems to cater to people who cook with unusual pieces of animals. If you look closely (or open the pic) you can see cow feet ($1.50/lb), beef hearts ($1.20/lb), and ox tail among other things. A picture of our butcher stand would be ribs, ground beef and chicken breast. That's just not as exciting to look at. Don't worry, if you visit, I probably won't feed you cow feet soup. Probably.....



Our Little Library

Yep, this is the library we freqent the most. It's itsy bitsy teeny weeny, but I only have to go through one stoplight to get there, they have great story hours, a surprising collection, and free animal crackers for the little one. We go here at least once per week, if not more.


National Aquarium, Baltimore

Ok, so we don't go here weekly. We went yesterday with James on the spur of the moment. We were waiting to see a presentation on animal feet and how they're used. Did you know a bearded dragon, found in northern Australia, will actually wave to another dragon if he's ok with dragon #2 being in his area? We also saw a Madagascar hissing cockroach and a beautiful blue macaw named Margaret.



Audrey and carrot

This was at lunch, post-aquarium. Isn't she getting big!?!?!






0 comments:

Post a Comment