Last night was a pretty typical Monday night. We had BLT's for dinner. Fresh homegrown tomatoes, local potato bread, spinach (instead of lettuce) and burnt bacon. Audrey was fussy while I tried to cook bacon and ended up fusing the bacon to our "non-stick" pan. I laugh at the words "non-stick" now. Somehow we salvaged the bacon, made a bit more, and the sandwiches were still yummy. Throw in a local watermelon and voila, easy fast dinner.
I left for yoga as James and Audrey went to the basement for a "Baby Dance Party". It's one thing they do without me. Word is that James cranks up music, lately it's Lady Gaga and Audrey just dances the night away, completely wearing her out.
After yoga, Audrey was in bed, James and I went downstairs to sit at our new bar and enjoy a beer. This is roughly the conversation that we had.
"So, was Audrey easy tonight?"
"Eh...watched the end of Abby and Murry Had A Little Lamb then I took her up and she was out!"
"Nice."
"Murry went to cooking school."
"Escuela de Cocina!!!!"
"Yeah"
"I don't mind Abby."
"Not too bad. This was the one where Niblet steals the wand..."
"Niblet the Gerbilcorn, ha ha"
"I like Gonagain. Gonagain is Gonagain!"
"As long as it's not the Baby Bear segments, those drive me nuts"
"Yeah, he's bad."
"I wish there was a Sesame Street "Behind the Scenes",....that'd be cool. How do they do some of that stuff with them,...are they still puppets?"
"The must be. I've figured out how Big Bird works (here James contorts himself with one arm up above his head, one out to the side and his head all cockamaimied...)....it's something like this."
Just about this point I started laughing. Here we were, sitting at our new gorgeous bar, tiled with italian tile, drinking an amazing Raspberry Stout, discussing the ins, outs, pros and cons of various Sesame Street segments. Aahhh, yes. You know you're a parent when......
15 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment