Bubblescotch is a game Audrey and I invented a week or so ago. We were out fiddling with sidewalk chalk and I just drew a circle, roughly the diameter of a volleyball or a decent sized skillet, depending on what you're more familiar with. Audrey immediately squealed with joy and came to stand right in the circle. So I drew more. And more. Soon we had an entire "grid" of different colored circles spanning our driveway. I'd yell out a color, or Audrey would, and we'd both have to run to a circle of this color. Fun, right? Well today it got even BETTER!
Today's Bubblescotch Game, and Mica
Today I drew a grid, then added some circles farther away and connected lines between them. So a player can either jump from circle to circle, or run along the lines. Or, if you're a toddler, you just randomly run around squealing with joy and yelling out colors.Half-way through today's game, Audrey deemed that Bubblescotch is more fun barefoot. See her shoe and sock (yes, singular) in the pic above? See if you can find the pair in the pic below...

0 comments:
Post a Comment