Pages

Jan 25, 2010

What I Awoke To

Last night was amazingly windy, probably the windiest night I've had in York yet. For those of you who haven't visited yet, our house is sort of at the top of a big hill, and one side of it tends to get slammed with wind. I woke up last night because my bed was moving, that's how windy it was. And no, I'm not kidding. I figured the normal chaos would be found come morning, you know...gutters and doormats and trashcans strewn about. I did NOT expect to see this! The green/brown blob to the left of our driveway used to be a huge tree, taller than our house. Last night it went to tree heaven.



That's our house on the right. I'm glad the tree didn't fall into the driveway and/or house!




The rootball mess. Hmmmmmm....

The view from my garage.

So alas, I get to deal with this. Technically it's our neighbor's tree (the house in the pic above). Wouldn't be an issue, except they live in Boston and only visit a few times a year. I am trying to find a contact # for them, and am having a tree removal service come out tomorrow to give me an estimate. Ahh, the joys of home ownership. Wait...this isn't even my tree/home!

3 comments:

James said...

Look at the bright side, at least we have a hole for the dirt pile from their last home improvement project!

Unknown said...

nice! let me know if i can help in any way!

Joanna Davis said...

omg! how crazy! we have downed trees all the time :( right now we're dealing with everyone's huge dead leaves (from huge frozen trees) blowing all over our neighborhood! doncha just LOVE home ownership?!

Post a Comment