Last Thursday after bathtime I combed Audrey's hair into a mohawk. Not that she has loads of locks, but there's enough there that I can pretend to "do stuff" to it. Well, Friday morning we awoke to the above hair. It was actually a lot crazier than in the picture, but it's mostly clear (her hair) so very difficult to photograph. In case you're wondering, those are her vitamins in the bottle on her tray. We have no fluoride in our water, so she gets a daily dose each morning.
Now, onto the culinary escapade of the week. Saturday our friends Jenn and Gus joined us for dinner. Jenn and I both enjoy cooking, and cooking together is always more fun. She brought a recipe for Eggplant Timbale, clearly an italian dish. We had to look up the pronounciation. We're going with "tim-BAHL". Essentially you line a springform pan with roasted eggplant, fill it with a tasty filling (sausage, basil, peas, wine, smoked cheese, parmesan), cover it with more eggplant and cook it. Once baked, you flip it over, and cross your fingers as you take the pan off. Voila! We have Timbale!! It was quite tasty and pretty impressive looking, so it warranted a photo. Yum!

1 comments:
I'm hugely impressed! Would you make it again?
Congratulations to Suz and Jenn! Timbales are in the same category as souffle' for most cooks---no way! PDM
Post a Comment