Pages

Jan 13, 2010

Playing Catch-up Mixed-up

This post is backwards. I already wrote most of it (the part below the pics), but Blogger isn't letting me rearrange at all, so this is a mixed up post. Sorry! Enjoy the pics atleast....

Audrey and Me, mid-present-unwrap.

Cuddling

Our little elf, showing off her new boots and playing her new drum!


The ribbons were the best part....


Grammy helping out,....or is Audrey helping?


Audrey and Mica, enjoying the snow from different places.

Best pals.

Audrey sporting Aunt Jenn's boots. Good look!

Ahhh,...naptime. Honestly one of my favorite times of the day. For those of you who read faithfully (when I actually write), the paci breaking is complete and actually went quite well. Naptimes were hardest, but she's good at naps now. For instance, I just laid her down in her crib, she hugged Lamby (her favorite stuffed-animal type thing), rolled to her side and that was that. I certainly don't mean to sound braggish, and I know it won't always be this easy. But for now, I am enjoying it to its fullest.

Christmas and all the associated required and optional activities went well, and truthfully was relaxing. My mom came from Colorado and spent three weeks with us which flew by. We mixed relaxing with fun, taking the days as they came. We went to a concert in Hershey, toured the Utz Potato Chip Factory, visited the National Watch and Clock Museum, and had numerous cups of the tea by the fireplace. We were supposed to go to a High Tea, but the proprieter, to remain unnamed, called the day before and cancelled because "it might snow". SIGH. Don't get me started, as I was in fact surprisingly aggravated,....ok, here's the conversation how I remember it.
Tea Lady: Hello, Suzanne? Hi, this is Mistriss Wimpy Tea Lady calling to cancel your tea tomorrow.
Me: Oh...ummm,...ok....
TL: My girls said they won't be coming in, and I can't do it without them.
At this point I was confused,...girls?? I didn't think the tea house doubled as a cabaret....
Me: Ok....
TL: The weather is just going to be awful tomorrow, we're supposed to get snow!
I look outside and see blue sky. Hmmmmm
Me: Oh are we? Cool.
TL: And all my other reservations have cancelled except you....you weren't actually planning on coming, were you?
Me: Well yes, I was, I'm not going to let a bit of snow keep me from going to things I planned months in advance!
TL: Oh! Well you must not have been out on the roads today.
In fact, Mom and I had just returned from the library a few minutes prior.
TL: It's crazy out there, the roads are busy and everyone is out stocking up for the storm.

Ugh, ok, you get the point. Wimps. This is the first time I've had something because it might snow.

So I guess that's it for now. Time for me to go make marinara sauce.....yummy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment