15 hours ago
Apr 23, 2009
Pteradactyl Alarm
There's just nothing quite like waking to the sounds of a pteradactyl drifting to your ears from the hall and the baby monitor. Audrey, like many babies I'm sure, has learned she can screech and scream, and often does it for fun. I think my daughter takes after me in that she is happiest in the mornings. Along with this happiness comes the screeching-for-joy. Hence the pteradactyl alarm clock. For a while, I'd lay in bed for a few minutes wishing, hoping, dreaming that she would either quiet down or go back to sleep so I too could sneak in a few more minutes of drowsy slumber. But alas, as if she were truly an alarm, we're up almost every day at 6:15. Today I decided that waking to her screeching no longer bothers me, but instead makes me smile. Who wouldn't smile, waking to hear your only child happy and safe just a few steps down the hall?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Ireland used to snuggle for a little bit with me in the mornings, but now it's just "Mama, Get UP!!" And then he proceeds to take my covers off and force me out of bed!
Post a Comment