Being relatively new parents, James and I are still (and always) looking for ways to save a few bucks. Isn't everyone? Last week in the paper I saw that Sam's Club was having an open house today (Sunday). We figured we'd hit it up and see if we could get mass quantities of diapers and/or formula for less than available elsewhere. Isn't that what Sam's Club is known for? Buy a pallet's worth of diapers and they're a few cents cheaper per diaper than anywhere else? If you know me well, you know that I really avoid Wal-Mart if at all possible. Same goes with Sam's, most of the time. I refuse to pay them so I can shop and maybe get things a wee bit cheaper than at the grocery store. Plus really, who needs 10 gallons of mayonaise? Gross. Ah, I digress. So early this afternoon, we packed up Audrey and did what so many suburbanites do, we headed to one of dear old Sam Walton's retail establishments, cringing the whole way. We found a decent parking spot in the acres of parking lot. As we were extracting our daughter from the car, we both noticed that next to us was a lady loading her Prius with her new mass-quantity purchases. One such purchase was a case of bottled water.
Now don't get me wrong. Bottled water certainly has its place and purpose in this world. Like when you're travelling in a 3rd world country, or you're stuck in airports for hours and can't possibly consume another carbonated beverage. But York, PA? Seriously! We have great water here. Completely safe and healthy and cheap. So to buy bottled water here seems pointless in and of itself. BUT!!! To spend the money on an environmentally friendly car, then buy bottled water, which we all know is wasteful? Seems just a tad ironic to us. Cheers for the Prius purchase, I just wish maybe she'd think through all her actions and make a bit more of a difference for Dear Mother Earth.

0 comments:
Post a Comment