Audrey and I made a quick stop at Target this morning. As far as I know, it's the only place (besides Wal-Mart and I refuse to go to Wal-Mart) where you can pick up baby bottle spare parts, a birthday gift and shredded cheddar cheese. So, like many Moms, I have Audrey bundled up so she's like Ralphie's little brother in "A Christmas Story": so bundled, poor thing couldn't squirm if she wanted to, but she looked cute! She was sound asleep in her carseat, so I gently and carefully transferred the carseat from the car into Target, then into one of the shopping carts. Awww, I smiled to myself as I looked down on my sleeping babe. So peaceful and content with the world. Now, on to my list!! We headed to the baby section to look for spare parts. Found them with no problems. As I was attempting to exit the baby section, I saw a clearance rack and figured I'd go take a look-see. Next thing I know, my cart is clanging and banging into shelves and displays, akin to a bull in a china shop. What? Oh yeah, in the daze and awe of Motherhood, I seem to have forgotten that my cart in fact extends farther out than than Audrey's carseat. Oops. I make a mental note to be more careful when maneuvering around the store. Luckily my daughter seems to have inherited my Sleep Anywhere power, and she's still snoring. Eyes still on the clearance rack, I try to head over there. Well, Target has arranged the racks, shelves and displays just perfectly so one of their carts can barely squeeze through the aisles. I found myself doing a 12-point turn at one point just to hopefully keep my baby sleeping!
Now, shouldn't the baby section, of all sections, have ample room to get around in? Baby customers are almost all going to either have the baby/carseat/cart contraption I had, or a stroller. This is poor planning on Target's part--maybe I shall send them a note...
16 hours ago

1 comments:
I saw the post title and thought it was about work and the re classing of targets for GTMO. This is much more interesting
Post a Comment