James and I have a beautiful Mexican mirror given to us as a wedding gift from some family friends. It's hanging in our upstairs, across the hall from Audrey's room. A few weeks back, I started holding Audrey in front of it, curious if she'd see her reflection. The reaction I got was great, but not what I was expecting. She smiles and giggled at the border/frame of the mirror, but was totally oblivious to the mirror itself. This was fine, because it was still fun. Something about the shiny metal and colorful border made her smile, which was enough. Then just a few days ago, she finally saw our reflections in the mirror. The border is still more exciting, but it was fun to make eye contact with her through the mirror.
I tried to catch her smile in a picture, but of course, it didn't work. James and I have decided that one day, far, far down the road, that mirror will become hers.

0 comments:
Post a Comment