My recent road trip to Knoxville with Audrey was a great success. I was worried that I would be in the car for 10 hours with a screaming baby, which would try anyone's nerves. But alas, my wee 'un was a travelin' champ. We left home Thursday morning and she slept until half-way through Virginia. For those of you out west, Virginia is a much bigger state than you think! We made a few stops for new diapers and some food. She was great at either sleeping or entertaining herself with the few toys she had within her grasp. Seh didn't get grumpy until the last 20 miles or so, but even I was grumpy then! Thursday night she slept all night, then we started the fun on Friday.
Jess and Claire have Fridays off, so the four of us headed to the Aquarium in Gatlinburg. Jess and I had a "mom" moment when we were headed into an aquarium, each pushing a stroller, diaper bag stashed and packed. What a change from our days in college! Friday night Jarrod was quite generous and offered to watch both girls so Jess and I could....go to a movie!!! What a guy.
Saturday and Sunday we went for a few walks, getting some much needed fresh air and sunshine. Saturday night I met up with a friend from work for dinner. As always, seeing an old friend was great.
Our trip home was just as easy as our trip down, Audrey once again behaving as well as possible. She didn't get fussy until we hit the far side of York-- not bad for a 580 mile trip!
More road trips are definitely in our future, hopefully some more to Knoxville to visit Jess!

0 comments:
Post a Comment