16 hours ago
Feb 12, 2009
The Need to Touch
What is it about a baby in a carseat that inspires people of all walks of life to touch said baby? Last night, James and I headed out for dinner with some friends. Of course, Audrey came along. At one point, Audrey and I were outside with my dear friend Jenn, chatting and enjoying the one unseasonably warm evening we've had. In the 15 minutes we were outside, I think at least 4 men, strangers to us all, came to say hello to the baby. Now I'm all for germs and meeting people, but why do they need to touch? Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry, just curious. Is it somewhere in our deep dark past? Some innate instinct to touch babies? Are we making sure they're ok, still alive and warm and kicking? It's interesting. As far as I know, I've never gone up to a stranger with a baby and touched the child. Anyway, Audrey has now met two french men (ooh la la!), a guy with a bum knee, and a local who is at that restaurant every time we are. She's a charmer, for sure! Needless to say, she did get a bath when we got home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment