We're finally reaching the point where we can verbally reason and discuss things with Audrey. If she's too riled up or distraught, it doesn't gel in her noggin'. But, if she's calm, we can reason. Case in point....
Starting waaaay back in October, we think it coincided with the beginning of day care, she insisted on sleeping with a light on. A simple nightlight wouldn't suffice. TWO nightlights wouldn't suffice. Nope, she wanted the big, mega-wattage, daylight creating, nuclear winter-esque, overhead light on. Now, this was quite disturbing to me. So much that I couldn't sleep just thinking about her sleeping in basically broad daylight, all night. I'd sneak in and turn the light off much to James' dismay, then of course, come 11, or 12, or 1am, or 4am, she'd wake up in the dark and freak out. My dear sister in law wisely suggested a dimmer. Now, why didn't we think of that? Pshaw, totally beside the point. The dimmer worked. But, in my mind, I'd still prefer dark or a nightlight. So, remembering that I am the boss (I being the Mommy-Daddy combo), last week I just sat down after stories and told Audrey how I like to sleep in the dark. I showed her the nightlight (a gorgeous stained glass teddy bear from Nana) and explained that the teddy would be on all night and that she'd be just fine. Poor girl, whimpered and seemed unsure, but agreed. It's been pretty smooth since!
Point being, it's so nice to be able to talk about things and reason with her. Cheers to small victories.
16 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment