Pages

Jan 15, 2011

Big Movie #2

Over Christmas, we went with Audrey to her first "big movie", aka a movie in a theater. She did well then, so today we went out, as a family of three, to a movie. We saw "Despicable Me" at the $2 theater. Tickets, popcorn, nachos, and drinks with free refills for $14? Awesome. The movie? Questionable, but all in all a good experience for everyone. My favorite part was where the villain/soon-to-be-good-guy is conned into reading a bedtime story to three orphan girls. The book is one of those finger-puppet books that might be 8 pages long, with little hokie rhymes on each page. Yep, if you're a parent, you know these books. They're those books that "disappear" mysteriously. James and I had a great chuckle when the villain, when on page 2, said something like, 'THIS is literature? A 2-yr old could have written this." Then we laughed even harder when he was on page 4 (of at most 8) and said, "Ugh, this book is taking forever!"

This rang true to us since right now Audrey seems to be stuck on the same exact 6 books at bedtime and at naptime. I can't tell you how sick I am of those six books. I timed myself last night. I am both proud and ashamed to admit I plowed through them all in nine minutes. But those nine minutes? Felt like hours......

But alas, my darling girl is in bed sleeping, even after my speed-reading tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment