Pages

Mar 28, 2010

Egg Hunt 2010

My neighbor is great and organized a neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. Each child was to bring 12 eggs filled with goodies, then each child would be allowed to collect 12 plus a special one with their name on it, which then warranted a "prize" at the end. There were snacks, crafts, coloring, hunting, and best of all, other kids! I think there were 13 children and all their associated adults. It was chilly (50 and breezy), but the weather didn't seem to damper the mood.

I realize this first picture looks sad, but really she was just frustrated because I wouldn't let her play with the camera. She was having fun coloring. We had to use the cooler as a table since she's so small. She was the youngest one there, but tried her hardest to keep up!


Easter Egg Art, now displayed on my fridge...naturally.
Once the hunt started, I wasn't sure if Audrey would "get it". As soon as the older children lined up with their baskets, Audrey picked hers up and was pulling on my hand, rearing to go. As the older kids ran to find the best eggs, we made our way as fast as we could. The older kids were nice and left some of the close and easy eggs for Audrey and Hudson (5 months older than Audrey). After I showed her to put an egg in her basket, she had it down pat. We'd walk to the next egg, she'd gently put down her basket, kneel in the mud (insert add for Spray 'N' Wash here), put the egg in her basket, stand up, grab the basket, and we were off to the next egg. Yay! Below is us half-way through the hunt. She looks concerned, mostly because she wasn't sure who was taking our picture.


Audrey holding tight to her loot.
After everyone had collected their eggs and redeemed their ticket for their prize (Aud chose a set of three balls, good choice!), all the kiddos promptly either started playing with their prize or eating as much candy as possible. I plopped Audrey down with the boys and she was content for quite a while. The boy in the black tee with his back turned to us loves her and calls her "Sissy" and asks his mom when Audrey is coming over to play. :)
Audrey chillin' with the boys.

All in all it was a great success. I do enjoy our neighborhood, for just this reason. We all know each other, we're all watching the children grow, and everyone is nice! Rock on, Fieldstone Manor!



0 comments:

Post a Comment