Pages

Apr 5, 2010

Rhubarb & Easter

I spent part of this gorgeous spring weekend in our yard. James was home from the middle east, so I could finally mow and do a little other miscellaneous yardwork. It felt good to be out there, but our grass is waaaay too thick for our little mower. We need to thin our grass! After mowing I was wandering around our big mulch bed in the back which seems to have turned into a bit of an "experimental garden". You know, like those ones at botanical gardens and arboretums? We have carpet roses which have exploded, an azalea we thought was dead but keeps hanging on, some day lillies (which I fear the roses have killed), some sort of orange flower bush...my dear forsythia (the first burst of color each spring), and our newest addition, Silverton Rhubarb!! After UPSing some root balls from Silverton last year, they have grown with great success already. Check them out!




This is the little one.


This one is bigger, you can even see the red stalks!
We had Easter Supper at some friends' house, which was lovely. After we came home, played a bit, napped, then went back over and played in the sandbox until bedtime. Audrey loves the sandbox!
Casual Easter Afternoon playing.....

The deck is her new favorite spot.

Squishing sand and getting it everywhere!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm..rhubarb! Mmm...when you makes some pies...send em this way! Rhubarb Pies are my favorite!

Post a Comment