We had a bunch of friends over this weekend. It originated as me using Halloween as an excuse to get friends together, plus they were mostly friends who have small children. Being a "new" parent myself (more on that below), I realize how nice and rare social occasions are. So....we invited people, and they all came! We had 6 small children, the oldest a whopping 20 months, the youngest 3 months. It went surprisingly well,...we even got them all in costume!
It was a successful gathering, with no meltdowns! Thanks to everyone for coming and bringing goodies! Great food, great friends, it was a good day.
The "new" parent thing. Sort of like the newlywed thing. How long can I claim new-parenthood? Probably not much longer, because Audrey will turn one on Nov 4th, a mere 3 days from today. Eek! So I can't use that line much longer. Since we had a housefull of good friends and small children, I went ahead and made cupcakes and we had a small birthday celebration wedged between Halloween excitement.
Aunt M, the tunnel was a hit!
Cupcakes weren't nearly as exciting as we'd hoped. Audrey seemed more intrigued (disgusted?) by the goo on her fingers.Later we took Audrey trick-or-treating in the mist, and all our neighbors were glad to see her. James and I scored too, as almost our entire neighborhood seemed to give out not one full-sized candy bar, but two or three...
She got the hang of holding out her little treat bag....trust me!
My flying pumpkin, so happy!

2 comments:
Glad the tunnel works :) Finn picks out good presents.
ooooooooooh! we're hoping reece gets a tunnel, too! there is one called the"fun tube" from BRU that is see-thru. yay! she is so dang cute in her little pumpkin costume. how did she keep that hat on for you? we couldn't keep one on to save our lives!!!
Post a Comment