Many of you either know or know of my friend Jenn. We've known each other for 2.5 years (roughly) and frankly have been through quite a bit together. She's probably the closest thing to a sister I've ever had. **smile**
Anyway, she got me into rock climbing. I pulled her into doing yoga with me. Now, Jenn is graceful on a wall of rock. It's like a dance to her as she tip-toes up the rock face. She's amazing to watch. I feel like after doing yoga since college (9 years, gasp), I have a good handle on it and sometimes I feel graceful.
Last night we went to yoga like we do most Monday nights. But due to a new round of classes at that gym, the usually 1-hour class was cut to 30 min, followed by a 30 min "taster" of a step class. We decided to stick around and try step....why not? Afterall, we were there, James was taking care of Audrey, and my beautiful spinach and prosciutto lasagna was baking.
I wish wish wish I had a picture or video of the two of us trying to step. I can't quite explain,...the best analogy is awkward chickens. Left foot was supposed to kick, but our rights were flying up. We're supposed to be going up, but we were going down. What is a v-step, what is a grapevine? As soon as we'd figure out the current move, the teacher would enthusiastically yell something like, "Ok, now we do the double step ninja cowboy kick to the left!". WHAT???
Needless to say, we both worked up a decent sweat and had some good chuckles about our complete lack of coordination when it comes to step aerobics. I think maybe we'll stick to rocks and yoga.
16 hours ago

2 comments:
you MUST send me your lasagna recipe!
JLD1983@aol.com YUMMMMMMMY!
Gosh, Suz---I can do the grapevine! Glad you gave it a try; are you going back, maybe? Mom
Post a Comment