Pages

Oct 7, 2009

Synchronized Beauty

York, PA. My home for nearly the last 5 years. Most people probably haven't heard of it. It's the only capital of the country that was never taken. It's home to a Harley Davidson factory. Snyder's of Hanover pretzels are made in our county. But for the most part, it's your average mid-size American city. We like it. I have a few friends who claim there's not much to do here. I argue there is, you just have to be more open minded. Take last weekend for example.
James, Audrey and I attended a production of Beauty and the Beast performed by synchronized swimmers. We had seen it advertised in the local paper and were just all too curious to NOT go. We showed up a few minutes late, but got in for plenty of action.
Did they have costumes? YES
Did they have music? YES
Did they have scenery? YES
Did they have props? YES
Did they have special effects? YES

All this for only $5!


You may be chuckling, trying to envision such a spectacle, so I put in a picture of Beauty below. Well, we were all (yes, Audrey loved it) quite surprised and impressed by it. If I see another such show advertised, we'll be there on time! Who knows, maybe when Audrey is older she too will join the York Synchronettes!

Beauty doing a solo swim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment