She hasn't spent much time in the Ergo until recently. She's not a fan, as she has to face in (a.k.a. stare at a few square inches of whatever shirt I've chosen for the day). She's used to facing out, looking and pointing at everything. But if we're going to continue our walks, especially with winter coming, she needs to get used to it.
Just about 45 minutes ago I figured I'd take the girls (Audrey and Mica) for a fall afternoon walk. The leaves are starting to change,...just barely, but they are! Audrey was fussy, but stopped being fussy if I sang The Alphabet Song to her. After about 15 times through, I got bored. So I sang every other children's song I can think of, which sadly isn't many. When I ran out, I started just making stuff up. At one point, Audrey saw one of those whirly-gig-pinwheel things some people insist on staking in their lawn. The colors caught her eye, and she pointed. I sang about it....here's what I sang to the tune of Itsy Bitsy Spider (this is so embarrasing!).
"Yes, that's a windmill,
Oh no it's not a windmill,
It's just a pinwheel, not a windmill.
One is really big and one is really small,
But they're just about the same.
One is used for energy creation,
The other for recreation...."
Ok, you get the point. It just continues to make me chuckle, the things we do as parents.
Anyway, she must have become bored of my melodic ramblings, as she fell asleep. See pic below. It's an awful picture of me, but so be it. Hopefully all your attention is going to Audrey anyway.
In other news, we will be starting the transition to a "real toothbrush" tonight. James and I are tired of having our fingers bitten while brushing her teeth with the little finger brush.

0 comments:
Post a Comment