Another kudos to York for providing interesting and unusual activities during our weekends! This weekend the three of us attended The 35th Annual Oyster Festival here in York. We truly weren't sure what to expect, especially considering the Chesapeake Bay (oyster supply) isn't right next door. It was held at the Agricultural and Industrial Museum, which if you recall is where Audrey and I got a bounty of books for $1 a few months back. Go York, as it was quite impressive. Oyster stew, oyster sandwiches, raw oysters,....and for dessert, chocolate covered oyster crackers (and apple fritters). The museum was open to meander through, and people were dressed in period costume demonstrating everything from tying flies (in early-American style), milking cows, recruiting for militia, and making chocolate! I learned that PA has 549,000 dairy cows. James learned why the stars on our flag have 5 points--I didn't hear that part, so ask him.
So once again, I raise my mug of warm local apple cider to this current home of mine--here's to you, York!
16 hours ago

1 comments:
Okay, you have to post why our flag's stars only have 5 points. I'm asking James through you!! That is just too interesting and random not to know.
Post a Comment