Pages

Aug 4, 2009

From Minimalist to Pursist

Ok, maybe minimalist is a bit extreme. I'm not quite a minimalist, but certainly I'm a very practical person. Because I'm practical, I never could understand why so many women insist on carrying big purses around. What is in there? 2 packages of kleenex? 3 tubes of lip shine/gloss/stick? A spare pair of shoes? Jumper cables? Why??? Really, when I go out, all I really need is some money or equivalent and my cell phone. But then again, I have also been described as "low maintenance". On the occasions where I really got gussied up, I might toss some lipstick in my pocket for a touchup. Call it low-maintenance, call it practical, but a big part of it was just that I didn't want to be responsible for lugging all that stuff around. That's just more stuff to lose or forget!

Well, alas. The time has come to make that transition from minimalist to pursist. Yes, I am now a real-life purse carrier. I own a purse. I have filled said purse with all necessities (very minimal though). It's quite empty still, but like many things, its empty space will surely fill with stuff soon enough. Pacifiers, kleenex, wipes, toys, hair ties, missing legos I find under the carseat, snacks for Audrey (and me!). Having said that I own a purse, keep in mind I haven't actually gone anywhere with that thing . Feels so bulky, so gawky and unnatural, but given time, I'm sure that will change.

Cheers to all you pursists out there! I've joined the club.

1 comments:

The Moores said...

You've just always been a low maintenance person! See, you never needed to carry anything like drops for contacts, emergency meds, blah blah blah like the rest of us...of course I'm a tiny purse person so I don't understand the giant purse thing either (except maybe from teh fashion point of view). Do you know my grandma has a permanant slump on one side from her giant, overstuffed purses?

Post a Comment