I'm baking bread today to take to our friends who recently had a baby. James and I loved getting food after Audrey was born, so now it's our turn to bring someone else food. I put Audrey on the floor with a smattering of toys to keep her entertained (a.k.a. distracted) so I could hopefully get the dough made and rising. So, baby entertained? Check. Bread rising? Check. Hey, I'll throw in a load of laundry! So I start the washer, then go in to clean up the kitchen. Eventually I hear the washer nearing the end of its cycle, so I mosey into the laundry room. I was thinking to myself, "heck, I'm getting pretty good at this mom-thing. Baking fresh bread, baby is happy, laundry is almost done...piece of cake!" I open up the washer and it's empty. Clean, sparkling clean thanks to Arm & Hammer, but empty. Vacant. Barren. Void of all clothes-like materials. Huh? Did I really run an entire wash cycle just to clean my washing machine? Hmm. Interesting. Can't say I've ever done that before.
So now my newly cleaned washing machine is washing dirty clothes. I double checked, they are in there. I'm sitting here thinking, "I'm not so sure I've got this mom-thing figured out yet..."
16 hours ago

1 comments:
Just wait until you lock Audrey in the car. That's always a fun one!!
Post a Comment