Pages

Aug 13, 2009

Amazing Bargain


York has an Agricultural & Industrial Museum. I've never been there, until today. As I leisurely read the morning paper while Audrey munched on fruit salad, I saw a snippet mentioning a "Book Blast" at the museum. Since Audrey now seems to have limitless energy and I am on a neverending quest to find things for us to do outside the house, this sounded great. One, we get out of the house. Two, I get to see a new museum. Three, we might even find a book or two.


So I loaded her up with a bottle, then I loaded her up in the car and we headed downtown. Found the museum and rock-star parking. Walked in holding Audrey, and immediately turned around and left. Why?? It was obvious to me that this would be a long-ish ordeal and that I needed to put Audrey in her stroller. At a whopping 20 pounds, she gets heavy (and squirmy) in my arms. We returned with the stroller and began the hunt.


In the outside courtyard, they had tables and tables of books. I like their pricing scheme: stuff a bag as full as you can and we'll charge you a buck. Score! There was a large table full of children's books, so we hit that up. Filled a bag. Most of them are for older children, but hey, for a buck I'll take them! Some are brand new, some are very well loved, some are from the 1950's, and some are truly bizarre.


I think other than Audrey, I was the youngest one there by atleast 20 years. Lots of grandparent-types, who all oohed and aahed over Audrey. That's nice, 'cause it kept her busy while I book-hunted.


We headed inside, which must be where the "nice books" are, because they were $1 each for hardbacks! Ouch! I found a few to add to our collection, then we headed home for naptime. So I spent $5 and got probably 40 books. What a deal!!
Our loot. :)

1 comments:

The Moores said...

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh, I'm jealous!

Post a Comment