Pages

Sep 14, 2009

A month

A month has passed since I last spent time writing a post for my blog. I haven't written not for lack of subject matter, but for lack of desire to sit at a computer. I suppose that's not a bad thing.


Audrey and I flew back out to Colorado to visit all the grandparents again. A few days in Denver, then off to Silverton to spend 10 great days with Mom. We went on a picnic in an old mining/ghost town, where Audrey took to a man in a black Stetson. We ate mediterranean food in Durango and mexican food in Ridgeway. We swam in the hot springs, and we attempted, in true Mom and Suz style, to visit Silverton's newest attraction: The Bigfoot Museum. Yep. Silverton and Bigfeet. Who knew? You pay to see the museum ($2/person or $4/couple, tee hee). You can pay to have them drive you to a place a Bigfoot "may have been". Only in small towns....


Spending time with my Mom was great and relaxing and funny, as always. Thanks!


This weekend we went to the York Fair (America's Oldest Fair). We ate fair food, watched people and finally caught the pig races! Pics below....


Audrey and her first close encounter with a horse. She was more interested in the cowboy...

Audrey cheering on the racing pigs.
The Racing Pigs. Really much faster than we expected. The raced for an Oreo. Wonder how fast they'd be for one of those fried Oreos?

0 comments:

Post a Comment