Pages

May 10, 2009

A Mother's Question

Mother's Day, a day that now has an entirely new meaning to me. I woke up to fresh blueberry muffins, flowers from James, and a card with a gift certificate for a massage and pedicure from Audrey. It felt great to wake up to such things, but something struck me as even greater. Being a mother. I admit, some days I get tired of cleaning bottles and bums, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. As I sat eating my muffin and feeding Audrey, a question entered my mind. What kind of mother will I be? Time will only tell. I can aspire to be as great a mother as mine has been, is, and will be.

Mom, you are a source of strength and love for me. I love you for your courage, determination, level-headedness, understanding and your love. I am thankful to have a mother in whom I can trust completely with my life, thoughts and feelings. You truly are an amazing woman, and I am lucky to have you as a mother. Here's a big virtual hug from me to you on this Mother's Day. I love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment