I turned 30 yesterday, I love when my birthday falls on Memorial Day. I suppose I could freak out, play the whole "Oh-my-gosh-I'm-getting-old" card, but so many others have played it, there'd be no fun in it. Instead, I'm opting to play the "I-feel-great-at-30" card, doesn't that sound more fun? Like my dear friend Whitney said, "I'm 30, I'm confident." What a good attitude.
0-10 was exciting. Was born, learned all basic functions, sold rocks, skinned my knees and learned how to make friends.
10-20 held so many changes, probably the most of any decade. Learned everything from long division to calculus. The teenage years, driving, moving off to college, boyfriends, taxes, first jobs.
20-30 was simply fun. Met a nice boy, finished college, married nice boy, bought houses, made amazing life-long friends, learned the pain of loss (not fun, but still a part of life), and learned the explosion of love that is a child.
Life is good at 30, and I can only dream of what the next decade will bring.
16 hours ago

1 comments:
Great post. Good summary of the decades. I can tell you with 40% experience under my belt that your 30s are just as good as the rest.
TTM
Post a Comment