I've been doing a poor job at blogging. Spring is here, and the nice weather, although sporadic, doesn't lend itself to blogging. Sorry, but I'm not one to haul my laptop outside to blog. I'd rather play! Life is chugging along with the same highs and lows as always. Audrey has said and done a few funny things and I'd like to document them. This seems to be the best place. Now, if I can only think of them.
She's convinced she's an elephant. Not sure where this came from, but if I ask what Mica is, Audrey says "dog". I ask what she is and she says, "Audrey/I'm an elephant!" with mucho gusto. Maybe it's my lack of discussing what we are, as in humans. Hmm,...Maybe I need to discuss humans more. The other morning at breakfast she was talking like she does (constantly) and telling me how she's an elephant and how Daddy is an elephant too. I asked what I was. "Mommy's a monkey!". She said this with her huge grin, combined with the tensing and stretching of every muscle in her body, pure excitement. Why am I a monkey, when everyone else gets to be an elephant?
Her use of names is improving, in terms of memory, greeting them, saying goodbye and discussing them. Anne's car, Mr. Dan etc.
Plurals seem to be a tad tricky. Things like "mans" I can understand. But the other day, as we drove by our local park, she said, "Mommy, I love parks" but pronounced it "parkas". Funny.
She randomly bursts out in song. Perhaps we're living in a musical and she's the only one aware of it. Songs we all know, songs she knows, and songs nobody knows. She makes up lyrics on the spot, which continually crack me up. You know "Hi Ho Derry-O"? The other day it was "Mommy poops, mommy poops, hi ho the derry-o, Mommy poops". Yup. Hilarious kiddo we have.
She can FINALLY go up/down a few steps totally unassisted. Thankfully she doesn't do full flights of stairs like that yet, but on or off our porch etc, victory!
Potty training? Bah, don't ask.
I guess that's it. Still not in a blogging mood. I need inspiration!
16 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment