Audrey had what I can only assume was a nasty stomach virus over the weekend. It hit hard and heavy Friday night. I was at a friend's house when I got "The Call". Five simple words,...."I need you home now." Thus started our weekend of scraping vomit off clothes and carpets (and ourselves at times), running our washer constantly, and hoping that the small one could kick this illnes she had. Friday night was a blur, I think I got up precisely 452 times as my daughter cried with dry heaves. Truly awful to see her in that much pain. Saturday we watched "Finding Nemo" three or four times while trying to coax liquids into her. Again, it's a blur. Sunday she came in asking for milk and pancakes, so we thought we were in the clear. Then around lunch....it all came up. In the car. Yep....curdled milk everywhere. Her carseat is now totally disassembled, spread all over, and we're just hoping we got it clean enough so as to not stink for the next 1-2 years we need to use it.
Sunday night, late,...I woke up. You know that feeling....that awful feeling of "can I get to the bathroom fast enough before my stomach erupts but I'm afraid if I move it'll erupt immediately"??? Yeah, we all know that feeling. Darn, the virus got me too. Luckily I usually have better control and aim that Audrey does, so the cleaning was at a minimum.
Monday I awoke feeling completely wiped out, and Audrey was back in full-Audrey form, ready to go. How was I going to deal with an energetic toddler when I could hardly walk down the stairs? Well....I am much in debt to the various Sesame Stree DVDs we have. Phew!
Today I am better, thankfully. I think the Heskin Household has kicked that virus out, finally.
But,....how appropriate is this comic, which was in Monday's paper??

0 comments:
Post a Comment