Yesterday Audrey and I were reading her
Things That Go book, which has photographs of all sorts of vehicles, from tractors to sports cars to ice skates. On the "water" page, there is a picture of a yellow jet ski with a guy on it. In my motherly wisdom, I remembered Audrey received a small toy jet ski at a recent birthday party. I figured I could show her that her little jet ski was like the one in the picture. Yay for me, I have this parenting thing down pat! So I pulled out her little toy (see below) and compared it to the one in the picture. Audrey looked at the picture, looked at the toy, then looked up at me and said, "Dit? Dit?" which translates to "Sit? Sit?" and then promptly got off my lap, scootched the jet ski away a bit then sat on it and said, "Whee!!!" I had to chuckle, but was happy with the connection she just made. It was just funny to see her "ditting" on a jet ski just slightly larger than a matchbox car....
The jet ski Audrey "dits" on. Duck for scale.
In other news, a friend of mine is out of town for a while and left her basil plants with me to care for. Anyone who knows anything about my house-plant history knows she's taking a huge gamble. But so far they're both mostly alive!
0 comments:
Post a Comment