Pages

Jul 3, 2010

7:37 on a Holiday Eve

It's July 3rd, 2010. An absolutely gorgeous day here in PA. It's 7:37 and I'm in my pj's. What's the big deal, you ask? Well, it's 7:37 PM. Yep, evening. It being a Saturday night on a 3 day weekend, most people are out grilling, or picnicing, hiking, playing rollerhockey, going to a drive-in (for those of you lucky to still have one), or just sitting outside enjoying the company of friends or family. Me? I'm in my pj's, getting ready to dig into a new book. There was a time in my life when this would have been unheard of, but now I view it as well-deserved.

James and I had a great day--the type of day that I love the most. We were productive this morning, doing yardwork and planting some new plants along the side of our house. James helped a neighbor install a 700+ pound fountain. I made Buttermilk Swiss Cheese bread, we organized a coat closet a wee bit more, all while keeping Audrey adequately entertained. Then? Then, you ask? Then we went down the hill.

Down The Hill. To the neighbors, the fountain neighbors, who seem to be our adoptive east coast parents. They adore Audrey, and we have great fun just relaxing with them. So we went down and spent the afternoon in the pool, playing, eating, and (it being a holiday weekend), enjoying a few adult beverages. Audrey finally reached her expiration, so she and I hiked up the hill. After a nice bath and some books, she just conked out. Not-one-peep. Ahhh,...silence. So now I'm enjoying a nice evening after a fabulous day. Life is good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment