I am truly lucky to have gained such a dear friend, Jenn. We've only known each other 4 years, but it feels as if we've known each other our entire lives. I've had friends and even strangers react with surprise when they find out how recent our friendship is. We've shared everything from my broken leg, many local adventures, and I live vicariously through her when she travels the globe. We are leaning posts, crying shoulders, idea bouncers, scheme concocters, grand chefs, adventure and escapade partners, and lastly I would call us family. I love you, Jenn.
Family? Yep,...so much so that she invited us to her family reunion. Not only did she invite us, but we went! James, Audrey, Anne, Austin (recall them from our 2^5 trip) and myself spent a long weekend in central Virginia. As with the 2^5 trip, the kiddos were as good as we could dream, with very few moments of bickering or fussing. I think they are fantastic play and travel friends, as are Anne and I (and James now!).
Family? Yep,...so much so that she invited us to her family reunion. Not only did she invite us, but we went! James, Audrey, Anne, Austin (recall them from our 2^5 trip) and myself spent a long weekend in central Virginia. As with the 2^5 trip, the kiddos were as good as we could dream, with very few moments of bickering or fussing. I think they are fantastic play and travel friends, as are Anne and I (and James now!).
VA was brutally hot last weekend. I think the day we arrived it was 104 but it felt at least 145 out there. We had a cozy cabin with everything we needed, mostly AC, fridge and shower! Ok...and a broom that doubled as a stick-horse.
Bedtime snuggles.
We spent time with Jenn and her family, time with just us, and time on a rock climbing trip on Sunday. A big thanks to Jenn's parents for watching Audrey and Austin (A^2) while we were gone that day....they had a grand time.
Climbing was a great success, and it was the first time I have climbed outside since I broke my leg. Luckily my mind was totally comfortable with it, and I wasn't worried in the least. We climbed on old railroad bridge piers, and it was a fantastic climbing venue for the group we had. I'm itching to return, but later.....in the fall,....when it's not so hot. The rocks were so hot that Jenn's sister literally got blisters on her fingers from the rocks. Now that is hot! I cleaned a route and lead a route, big highlights in my climbing portfolio.
Of course, after climbing, we needed food, water and a few frosty beverages. Central VA's oldest brewery was literally right around the corner, where we all cooled off and had some good laughs. Now, for those of you out there who are dancing in your chairs thinking about Central VA's oldest brewery....relax. It was started in 1995 according to their website. Yeah, not so exciting now, is it? ;) It was good though.
After returning from climbing, we all hit up the ice cream social. It was still hot, so the ice cream melted as fast as you could lick it. Audrey had fun playing and staying up much later than normal.

0 comments:
Post a Comment