My mom's banana bread recipe is THE BEST. Can't tell you how many times I've made it, always aspiring for mine to be as good as hers. I've done it a few times,...but maybe "mom's" just always tastes better! James is away, and Audrey is full of energy, so tonight after dinner, I decided to have her "help" me make banana bread. She's getting better at dumping. Yeah.,..so instead of 100% of the dumped ingredient missing the target, only 30% or so misses. It leads to a mess, but we have fun and I'd like to think she's learning something. After we were done mixing, she said, "I taste it mommy." She already loves to lick the beaters, way to go girl! We all know that's the best part of baking...
Starting in on the beater....
So as she's licking, and as I'm cleaning up, I asked her if it was good.
"Audrey, is it good?" "Yummy, mommy,..yummy in my tummy!"
"Oh good. What does it taste like?" (this after she helped put in three bananas, and counted them a la The Count on Sesame Street)
"Strawberries, mommy!"
Hmm,....odd. I don't recall putting ANYTHING strawberryesque in there. Oh, the imagination of a 2year old.
Really getting in the nooks and crannies...
VICTORY!!!
I just hope that to Audrey, my banana bread is as good as my mom's is to me! If you want the recipe, you can find it
here.
1 comments:
Yum!! Beaters :)
Post a Comment