1) Spaghetti
James is away on business, and Audrey is in bed. She's awake, but she's quiet and soon should be in Dreamland. I took her to our local bookstore tonight after dinner, mostly to waste time, plus she was in that whiny-need-to-get-out-of-the-house mood. We had fun. Read books, oggled over the umpteen varieties of stuffed Elmos that exist, and (surprisingly) played with one of those wire-bead things that are often found unused in dental offices. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. When I deemed it time to head home, Audball turns into spaghetti. Yep. Totally limp, and cracking herself up. If anyone had been watching that small corner of the children's section, they would have had a good laugh. There were quite a few iterations of my lifting Aud to her feet to put on her jacket, and Aud just collapsing like limp noodles, laughing that beautiful belly laugh of hers. I was trying to be persistent and "the boss", but it was pretty funny and I'll admit I was struggling to remain serious, struggling to keep my laughter inside. Finally, I got her dressed and out the door. She waved and said, "bye bye, bookstore!"
2) Last Kiss
Each night we read books before bed. We have to limit her, or we'd be reading for hours. I usually let her choose 2 or 3, then there are three board books we read each night, in a specific order. One is Time For Bed by Mem Fox. If you have it, you know it. If not, no worries. But there's a line that says, "It's time for sleep little deer, little deer, the very last kiss is almost here." Each night when I read that line, Audrey leans over/sits up/whatever so she can give me one last kiss. Yep. My heart melts every time she does that.
3) Dolls
How much can one girl love dolls? She spends literally hours each day tucking in her dolls, making food for them, and pushing them in her stroller. Oh my.
4) Boots
It's snowy here. The daycare Audrey attends requested that we send snow clothes with her. If it's above 25, they dress the kiddos up in their snow attire and let them romp around for a while each day. I think this is wonderful. So tonight I was gathering a bag to contain all her gear, when Audrey saw her snow boots. I noticed she was playing with them, but thought nothing of it. Next thing I know, she has them on! This isn't a small feat (har har) since they zip and aren't super-easy to get on. I was so proud, and tried to get a picture. They're on the wrong feet, fittingly, but they were ON! This picture made me chuckle...turned out funnier than expected.
5) Friends
Last, but not least, a quick note on friends. I am lucky to have some amazing friends. A few weeks ago some of us went climbing near Philly then went out after for dinner. Here's to great friends.....past, present and future!


1 comments:
Love the look of the blog!! And that photo of Aud in the boots, peering over the bag with giant eyes...hilarious!!
Post a Comment