A new friend (who I predict is to become a dear friend) invited Audrey and I to go on a toddler-friendly hike today. She, too, has a toddler. It was absolutely gorgeous today. Perhaps it was a cruel tease of spring, but we'll take it after a rather frigid, miserable winter! We met in the late afternoon for a fun and funny "hike" to a point overlooking the Susquehanna River. I was so focused on the children I forgot to take a picture of the river, but trust me, it was beautiful. Audrey and Austin seem to get along swimmingly. Shrieks of joy surely could be heard for miles around as these two toddlers explored, picked up rocks and sticks, and continually fell in the mud of Pennsylvania "spring". After our hike, we came home to a dinner of salad and local Amish Chicken Pot Pie, a meal fit for a king!
It's always refreshing to find someone who you get along with and connect with. Each good friend takes away some of life's sadness, so I'm continually thankful for how many amazing friends I have in my life. :)
P.S. It's a bonus when said new friend has a tyke Audrey's age.
P.P.S. It's a bonus bonus when the tykes get along!
It's always refreshing to find someone who you get along with and connect with. Each good friend takes away some of life's sadness, so I'm continually thankful for how many amazing friends I have in my life. :)
P.S. It's a bonus when said new friend has a tyke Audrey's age.
P.P.S. It's a bonus bonus when the tykes get along!

1 comments:
Yay! So stoked you all had such a great afternoon/evening! Great pics...
Post a Comment