16 hours ago
May 23, 2010
It Was Her Idea....
Today was a strange day. Just one of those rainy Sundays when nobody has much motivation to do much. James and I were dragging,...sort of just waiting for Audrey's bedtime, you know? I'm sure you do, if you're a parent. After dinner, Audrey was toodling around the house doing her thing, I was toodling around the house doing my thing, and James was sort of just observing. Soon, Audrey went to her stroller, grabbed her coat, and took it to James, gesturing that he was to help her don said outerwear. Then she grabbed my coat and started calling out, 'Mama? Mama?' So, as any good mother would, I donned my jacked (keep in mind it's a humid 75 degrees out). Then Audrey headed to the laundry room and got my shoes. Then she got the dog's leash. Ok, ok, we can take a hint. She wanted to go outside. As we walked our little neighborhood loop (a whopping 400m,...maybe), Audrey stopped at each pile of rocks, each little puddle, and each dandelion. I think it took 45 minutes to round the 'hood. Toward the end, she took off her coat and wanted to hold Mica's leash. For those of you who don't know Mica, she truly is one of the gentlest dogs ever. We're lucky for that. So Audrey took off with Mica's leash, and our neighbors pointed out that it was a Kodak Moment. James ran home and got the camera and ended up with some cute shots.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I liked how she got frustrated at the slow pace Mica was walking and so she walked over and set the leash at Mica's feet.
Post a Comment