More basement pics. James took these last night (end of Day 2). Nearly all framing is up. It would be all up except they were short on lumber. Oops. All that's left to frame is the bar, and that should be done Monday. Yesterday and today (Day 3) the electrical and plumbing is all going in. These guys are moving quickly!
In other news, Audrey continues to make us laugh. I may have mentioned the music class she and I are taking. Well, we got cd's of the music as part of the class. We have one for the house and one for the car. This music is simply magical. If she's in a bad mood, we turn it on and SHAZAM!! She's happy again. Anyway, one of the songs is "Galloping Pony". Essentially the pony gallops then gets tired, gallops and gets tired. James and I used to hold Audrey and "gallop" around our house, then when the pony tired out, we'd stop and say "shh". The other afternoon I was whipped, so I turned on the cd hoping she'd entertain herself for just a few minutes. The pony song came on, and little miss started galloping around our house on her own! When the tired part came, she'd stop, rub her eyes, then lay on the floor and say "shh". Then up and off she went galloping again. It was fantastic and so adorable.
Another new thing is "night night". She says it if she sees a picture of someone/thing sleeping. Well, just a few minutes ago I laid her down for her nap and she said, "night night" and just curled up. I love her so much, it does amaze me.
Enjoying a popsicle on a summer evening.
Last night we gave her a popsicle after dinner. Her canines are still coming in, so at first her drool was running down the popsicle and freezing. Yuck. It took a while for the treat to warm enough to actually eat it, then she loved it!

2 comments:
I can't wait for popsicle weather! Basement's looking good.
You're going to love picking out stuff for your new basement! Fun! It's coming along fast!
Post a Comment