Yesterday evening, as I paused between a day of meetings at work and heading to our new house to commence painting if the kitchen, I asked Audrey about her day at school. She seems to enjoy the new school, and normally barely pauses to breathe while telling me about her day. I asked what they served for lunch, as it always sounds good. Normally she says "I don't know", obviously more excited to regale me with tales of circle time and playground adventures. But yesterday, it went like this:
Me: What'd you have for lunch?
Audrey: chicken nuggets, fruit, carrots and milk. But some kids are allergic to nuggets so they had tacos.
** this is when James and I glanced at each other confused and this nugget allergy**
James: are some kids vegetarians?
Aud: yes, vegetarians. That's why they got tacos and the rest of us got real food.
You heard it. Real food.
0 comments:
Post a Comment