Pages

Feb 2, 2013

Curious

I generally refrain from posting much of anything that's very opinionated, simply because I don't see the point in potentially making people mad/upset/angry etc.  If you know me,  you probably have a good idea where I stand with regards to The Big Three: religion, politics and money.  Having said that, I'm going to announce something here. 
 


PBS is the coolest.
 
Our local PBS station,  WITF , puts on events that are free, well organized, educational, and FUN.  Key word?  Fun.  This weekend they had one locally at a health education center downtown, focusing on making healthy choices for our bodies.    The featured celebrity?  Curious George.  One could say Audrey went "bananas" a few weeks ago when we told her we'd see George.  We journeyed to downtown York, a part of our area that, frankly, lots of locals won't go to.  Lo and behold, we found a pretty impressive education center with some hi-tech exhibits and fantastic presenters.  My OSHA training came in handy when the adult-audience was asked the fastest way for drugs to get into our system.  I got it right, yeah baby!  Inhalation, just takes a few seconds.  Thank you, OSHA.  You helped me look super smart about drugs.  Yay?
 
After meeting George, we hopscotched, parachuted and hula-hooped our way through the stations.  As with many kid-oriented events, we walked away with the requisite Bag 'o' Swag, which fittingly included a banana.
 
Audrey and George


 


Scratch Art Heart
Hopscotch, skipping numbers


 
 
 
The Family +1 really big monkey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to put a quote from Audrey.  The other night at dinner, somehow jobs came up in our conversation.  Something like this followed:

Me:  Bug, do you remember what I do?
Bug:  Geeeee-ohhhh...
Me:  Geophysicist
Bug:  Geophysicist.  Daddy, what do you do?
J:  I'm an engineer.
Bug:  What's an engineer do?
J:  I design buildings.
Bug:  Mom, what's a geophysicist do?
Me:  I look at rocks.  What's your job, Audrey?
Bug:  I'm a kid, that's my job!   I'm a kid then I grow and grow and grow and then I'm a geophysicist!

This is where I smiled.  A LOT.  After dinner, she donned her pink fairy tutu and was dancing around chanting, "Geophysicist!  Geophysicist!  Geophysicist!"

This is where I smiled even more. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
In other news, I took Audrey for her first real haircut last week.  Heck, one haircut ($6, what a deal!) every 4.25 years?  Think of the money we're saving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment