A few more from the last few days....
On Wednesday we took the kiddos to the Botanical Garden for a short class about vegetables. They got to plant carrots, then they picked lettuce and made a salad. Audrey did well, and even ate lettuce (a real rarity).
After the salad eating, we let them play with the costumes for a few minutes. I think this is the first time Audrey has actually *wanted* to play any sort of dress-up. She adored the flower skirt and had trouble leaving it at the gardens when we left.....
After the garden adventures, we headed over to my in-laws (Audrey's grandparents') for a few days of swimming, eating, and relaxation!
Friday night we returned to the Botanical Gardens for a family fun night. I was, and I believe Maggie and Travis were as well, a tad skeptical about the musical act. They were rainbow-sock-wearing Boulderites advertising "environmental children's songs". Hrmmm....yeah,...not so sure about that. But for the sake of our children, we went. Let me tell you. It was like expecting ground chuck and getting filet mignon. Ok, maybe that's a tad extreme, but all 3 of us were laughing throughout the show, especially during the song called "The Giardia Opera". Yep. I even bought not one, but TWO cd's!! It was a pleasant surprise, and I hope the Colorad0 and mountain themed tunes become some of Audrey's favorites. After playing on the rocks, listening to tunes, splashing in the waterfall and running around, we headed out to a Denver Classic, Bonnie Brae for ice cream!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment