Pages

Sep 2, 2010

Splash?

Audrey's words are coming along pretty quickly these days. Among the new ones are "off", "dark", "bright" and "dance". Her favorite word lately is "pash?" which, to anyone who speaks Toddler, knows is "splash?". She loves water, and has figured out that she can stack her puzzles against the wall below the windowsill in her room, stand on the puzzles and look out to see our neighbor's (Nonnie's) pool. Then she stands there and says, "Nonnie, pash? Nonnie, pash?" Serious, who could resist? Yesterday we "pashed" in Nonnie's pool, but today I opted for something different.


We headed south to a little creek in a park that we've visited briefly before. I came prepared (almost) this time, with a swim diaper, towel and juice. We made our way to the creek where I stripped Audrey down just in time to realize the mosquitos were out for blood, literally! Luckily I smell divine to most blood-sucking flying insects, so they left Audrey alone. We both had water-friendly shoes on, so we just jumped in. The creek is shallow and wide and slow moving, and COVERED with rocks perfectly sized to throw. Aud had a grand time tromping, stomping and splashing up and down the stream. When I decided I had accumulated adequate mosquito bites, we headed out and stopped at a picnic table to have juice and get Audrey in dry clothes. All in all, a great "pashing" success.....except for my itchy legs. Next time, bug repellent is a must!


0 comments:

Post a Comment