Small pieces of evidence are showing themselves suggesting that Audrey is mine, afterall.
The biggest? She's starting to put things away. Yes, she still pulls every book/toy/animal/diaper/blanket/pot/dishcloth/magazine/remote/clothing item off of any shelf/table/cubby/cupboard she can find, but then she puts things away. Does she get them in the right spot? Not always. Does she put everything away? No. But....she puts things away. It's so cute. I found a pair of summer shorts (probably waaaay to small by now) in a drawer normally filled with blankets the other day.
She has also started cleaning herself off after meals or snacks, then wipes off her highchair tray. She wanted a wipe (I keep a bottomless box of them on the table) the other day, so I gave her one. She immediately put it up to her mouth, wiped it back and forth, and looked up at me as if saying, "look, I can do it by myself!" I smiled and told her good job, then she started wiping off her tray, just like I normally do.
She brushes her teeth, tries to brush her hair, and puts her hand to her ear anytime she hears any phone. It's such fun to watch her learn.
15 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment