You have possibly heard about the "awful winter storm" that hit the east coast within the last few days. Coming from Colorado, east coast storms are a bit comical. This "storm" that made front page news, dropped a scary 2 inches of snow here in York, topped off by a 1/2 inch glaze of ice. Now I will admit, the ice isn't fun. But by the cancellations, you'd think we had six feet of snow! Bingo halls closed, school was cancelled, and Meals on Wheels were...well....not on wheels. I heard a snippet from Obama yesterday, he was talking to some group of old men (Congress? Senate? White house staff ? No idea who), and he made a short joke about how his daughters' school was cancelled, "because of what....a bit of ice?". I think he views east coast storms like I do, with a sense of humor. Not only do I find the closings, mass sanding and salting funny, but I find my dog's reaction quite hilarious. I let her outside this morning, and as she stepped out onto our ice covered deck, she turned her head to me with a look that clearly said, "you've got to be kidding me!". But, brave dog that she is, she went out. She managed the stairs better than I would have, but as soon as she hit our yard, down she went. She's not heavy enough to break through the ice, and our back yard is on a hill, so there she goes, skiing and skating down the hill, paws splayed wide. I had a good chuckle, and an equally good one when she was trying to get back up the hill.
That all being said, I will admit that I am tired of winter. I used to think I was a 'winter gal', but after what feels like months of just cold--bone chilling, no-fun-snow cold, I'm ready for spring. Bring out the forsythia, the daffodils and the tulips!
16 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment