Pages

Nov 3, 2012

4 Years


Photo: Trick or Treat!!!
Halloween 2012

 
 
Four years ago to the day, I was eating soup from Panera in the delivery room at the hospital here in York, realizing that I was so hot not because of  the soup, but because my body was starting to work HARD at bringing my baby into this world.  Honestly, I had no clue what I was in for, both in terms of delivery and the following years. 
 
 
I sit here now, listening to Audrey in the bath.  She pretty much does it herself now, if I let her.  She's making bubble beards and narrating some story about a pirate.  How far in four years we have both come.
 
 
My daughter looks like James, which I love.  She's beautiful.  She has a great sense of humor, and currently gives herself hiccups from laughing at her own knock-knock jokes.  She's tall, and says she's going to be taller than me.  Most of her pants are too short right now, and part of me is thinking to myself, "welcome to the rest of your life, sweetie!".  She likes to snuggle in the mornings, something I treasure, even if it happens all too early.  She hugs her classmates when I pick her up from daycare, and her teachers seem to adore her. She's an adventurous eater, but still favors fruit.  Her imagination knows no bounds, and she can spend hours pretending.  She can write her name, most letters, and most numbers.  I love her for her hugs, her wild "dandelion" hair, her facial expressions, her dependence and independence, and for who she is. 
 
 
Here's to #4, Bug!
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment