Pages

Oct 10, 2011

Kingston, NY

A dear friend of mine invited me to spend the weekend away with her in upstate NY. James was a champion and agreed to it, allowing me to go child-free for a weekend full of rest, relaxation and many adventures with a fantastic co-pilot. We stayed at a BnB owned by a composer/artist couple, who have converted an old church into their house. It was comfortable from the start, and such a welcome mini-retreat. Filled with art and music and amazing food and BOOKS,...books everywhere!



Best kitchen ever.


Wine after eating a perfect italian meal.



Moms sans kiddos!





Belle Adventure




Anne is possibly my favorite travel partner...well...of course besides James. Anne and I meet everyone who crosses our paths. Here is the most beautiful sailing yacht I have ever seen. We met the crew and captain, who invited us aboard for a tour. Then we met the owner, who invents software for Apple. Yep. We met him. What a way to start the day!





Anne and our abode. Beautiful, both.


Kingston had a music festival all weekend, so we headed uptown to check it out. Our host was in a band performing, so we made it a point to see them.



First drink.



Live art. Made me sad to her. Nail polish on those hose!!





Whiskey sour at a 1920's speakeasy bar. What an amazing bartender.




Having a great time.



Kingston Point, early morning.




Hard to tell where the Hudson starts and mist ends.




Vanderbilt Mansion, Hyde Park NY.



And what road trip would be complete without a flat tire on the side of the interstate! Yep. We called AAA and painted our toenails then were merrily on our way after the fastest tire change I have ever seen.



Anne- I had a great weekend. Thanks for inviting me, and I love our adventures. :)

James- I had a great weekend. Thanks for agreeing! I love you. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment